|This article has been marked as needing updates.|
The World Event system is Fallen Earth's answer to dynamic content.
Known World EventsEdit
- Duneworm Sighting! east of Old Kingman
- Coyote King Sighting! north of Trailer Park
- Giant Armadillazilla Sighting! northeast of Trailer Park
- Competing Storm Shipments in Banker's Hole
- Keep Gaia Free in Gaia
- Destroy the Contaminants in Warhall
- When Sandworms Attack! in Black Hill
- CoGs Are Attacking! in Chemtown
- Find the Infiltrators in St. Sebastian's
- El Cadejo! in Blackridge or near Tannerfield
- Super Soldier sighting! near Tannerfield
- Unknown sighting! north of Globaltech Headquarters
- Outsider Invasion near Lifenet Labs
- Blighted Tree Attack! north of Traveler Camp
- Bee Swarm Attack! south of Vista Camp
- Traveler Communications in Traveler Camp
- Lightbearer Attack in Traveler Camp
- CoG Attack! in Tech Camp
- Vista Attack in Tech Camp
- Tech Attack in Vista Camp
- Mysterious Towers in Vista Camp
- Traveller Attack in Enforcer Camp
- CHOTA Attack west of Enforcer Camp
- Enforcer Attack in CHOTA Camp
- Changed Invasion in CHOTA Camp
- Traveller Attack in Lightbearer Camp
- Pagoda Protection in Lightbearer Camp
- Cuddles is Loose! (Valentine’s Day event)
- Grunch Attack! (Xmas Event)
- Help Papermill Make Paper (Old Event)
Types of World EventsEdit
There are currently three basic kinds of World Events: Node, Attack, and Effect. Node events spawn harvest nodes at a random location. Attack events can spawn a creatures in a random area or creatures that attack a specific point. They can spawn creatures in waves, as regular generators with a respawn time, or all at once. Effect events can apply an effect to all players, all NPCs, or just certain NPCs.
We also have a more advanced World Event which we call Goal events as each one can have five separate goals that players must complete.
World Map IconsEdit
All players in the game receive the icon, name, and position for every objective on the map. All players should be able to see at a glance where a random boss has spawned, or where additional resource nodes are. You can see all the objectives in the game on the map, not just the ones for your current sector. If you mouseover any objective icon, a more detailed description will pop up.
World Events track player participation. When a World Event succeeds, all players who have participated get a mission that instantly completes itself and offers rewards. The rewards can be anything a mission can give you: experience, items, AP, faction, chips, defense tokens, etc. The rewards are scaled based on your participation. Someone who killed 50 rotters will get a larger reward than someone who killed just 1. If you stop participating for too long or go offline, you may not get any reward. And of course there is no reward for failure.
All items (59)
- Enemy: Arma-dilla-zilla Bill
- Enemy: Behemoth
- Enemy: Coyote King
- Enemy: Duneworm
- Enemy: El Cadejo
- Enemy: Enraged Super Soldier
- Enemy: Giant Sandworm
- Enemy: Spectral
- Enemy: The Unknown
- Enemy: Unknown Prototype
- Enemy: Venomous Drocera
- Event: Changed Invasion
- Event: CoG Attack!
- Event: CoGs Are Attacking!
- Event: Competing Storm Shipments
- Event: Cuddles is Loose! (Alpha Zone)
- Event: Cuddles is Loose! (Deadfall)
- Event: Cuddles is Loose! (Epsilon Zone)
- Event: Cuddles is Loose! (Kaibab Forest)
- Event: Cuddles is Loose! (Northfields)
- Event: Cuddles is Loose! (Plateau)
- Event: Duneworm Sighting!
- Event: El Cadejo!
- Event: Find the Infiltrators
- Event: Keep Gaia Free
- Event: Mysterious Towers
- Event: Outsider Invasion
- Event: Pagoda Protection
- Event: Resources Abound!
- Event: Super Soldier sighting!
- Event: Traveler Communications